Friday 8 January 2010

Scarborough snowfall 2


snowfall 2
Originally uploaded by ajh400
So winter 2010 continues it's chilling and unusual progress. It is rare to have snowfall settling in Scarborough, due to the salty sea air, even rarer for snow to fall and lay on the sands. But today it happened, and I got wrapped up warm and headed out the office to get photos for Saturday's paper. I got very cold and wet, yet also very warm and sweaty inside my coat, that odd and unpleasant combination that happens when you're walking briskly in winter. Shooting pics quickly became a bit of a struggle with snow on the lens, and condensation on the viewfinder, so I was almost shooting blind, and checking on the LCD(which itself had to be wiped clear of snow). Yearning for warm Spring sunshine now!

1 comment:

  1. I was working up at Goathland today. outside all day and it was soooo cold. I came home and bought a down jacket of the t'internet. no more shivers I hope.
    Happy New Year Higgo.

    ReplyDelete